Thursday, May 03, 2007

One of the kids teachers is getting married. He is a quiet man and doesnt like fuss so the school decided to push the boat out. They secretly arranged for the whole school to dress in wedding outfits. For the morning they arranged a service and in the afternoon a reception.

It was a beautiful sight to see two hundred children dressed as smartly as can be. I am not sure if it was appropriate but they told all the children they were going to join in a toast, They popped open a bottle of bubbly and then sneakily swapped the bottles and gave them all sparkling water.

Then even more inappropriately every adult there (including myself) was handed an ample glass of the real stuff - But you wont catch me complaining as it was the first drink I have had in a month.

In other news my daughter has developed a disturbing obsession with volcano's and the unfortunate fate of Pompei. She wants to know all the gruesome details - She so takes after her mother.