Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The end draws near!!

How I have survived I do not know but the end draws near. The summer holidays have been most trying for me, My sanity has suffered badly. The house needs a makeover and I dont think the carpet will ever be the same. I have managed to gain weight again - I am surrounded by mess and I havent seen grown up tv in too long to mention. Tommorrow though - Yes Tomorrow I can start being me again. The chidren return to school and to normality.

I dont doubt it has been stressful for the kids as well. We havent really done an awful lot, money as always is in short supply but thats no reason to go ripping down shelves and smashing vases I have had for the last 10 years.

Gary and I sat and looked at the house last night in despair - How can a 6 year old house look this bad??? We have decided that it is time for some DIY *cringe* We are a couple who bought a new house not to do any DIY and moving for the same reason sounds better and better. We are this weekend going to devise a list of things to do on the house before christmas, And whilst Gary has grand plans of fitting a shower above the bath and building a patio, mine are more conservative like painting the bathroom and fixing the toilet seat!

I feel at the moment like I am just about keeping my head (or sanity) above water, poor gary had to put up with my insufferable bad mood all weekend not having a clue why. I think I shall sleep for the first two days they are back in school - I never have enough sleep.

Nevermind tomorrow is a brand new day and Joanna moves up a class and I will be all alone for the first time in nearly 7 weeks. I have so much to do.




No comments: